Pressing the shutter is really only the start of the digital process.
This workshop looks at what happens next, how to optimise your images and get the very best results from your capture. Using popular software such as Adobe Lightoom and Photoshop we’ll look at different editing options and styles, how to organise your workflow and get the best from your images.
Editing workshops are best at home, using the equipment you are used to but all everything can be supplied if needed.
Workshops can include some or all of the following:
- Workflow overview, best practice for easy file organisation
- JPEG vs. RAW, know your formats
- Sharpening and noise reduction
- Colour temperature correction
- HDR effect from single or bracketed shots
- Masking and selections
- Curves and exposure control
- Formatting for different destinations
- Print preparation
- Backup best practice – securing your images
For my personal editing I use a Mac running Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6, there may be variations from your own system but most techniques are applicable on other platforms. Your finished images will be supplied on memory card or disc at the end of the session and a full printing service is available through the client site should you want to frame your finished masterpiece.
from £30 per hour
25% Education discount available for students.