Your first step towards choosing a photographer it to book a free consultation which can be at your venue, at home or a location of your choice. This is when we get the opportunity to meet, discuss options and ideas for your wedding. You can browse previous wedding albums as well as ask any questions you may have. Before choosing a photographer you should chat with anyone you are considering and spend some time getting to know them and how they work. The photographs are important but they are not the only factor.
Shooting a wedding is a huge responsibility and many couples I meet do not realise what a pivotal role the photographer can play during their day. Do you need someone who will unobtrusively catch those precious moments? Someone who can pose and organise your guests and help plan your day? Do you have a theme or are you looking for inspiration for your images? This area is overlooked by many who opt for budget photographers based on price alone and end up with an impersonal and generic wedding album.
During your consultation you should expect to cover the following topics:
- Themes and styles: Overall image feel.
- Coverage on the day, start and finish times and addresses of venues
- Level of direction and involvement needed from your photographer
- Preferred photography editing styles
- Pre wedding photo shoot options
- Photography rules and restrictions imposed by venues
- Group, key and priority shots and locations
- Details of digital and print packages
Preparation tips for your consultation:
- Look through the portfolios on this and other sites and note any favourite shots poses and styles you like
- Are you comfortable in front of a camera? How involved do you want your photographer to be in posing you and arranging shots?
- Traditional, candid or a mixture of both?
- Have the addresses of your venues, and timings for your day if you know them
- Ask your venue if there are any specific rules regarding photography
- Think about what group, family and key shots you require.
- Do you want print copies and an album of photos or are you looking for just a disc of digital files?
If you have any questions or would like to chat about your big day just email or call 07886 326 623