So you’ve had your photo shoot and now you have a disc full of beautiful high resolution images. These are perfect for enjoying on your computer or sharing online but a canvas print from jonhallphoto allows you to enjoy your favourite moments again and again and offers you the highest possible quality at affordable prices.
With simple pricing bands you are not constrained by preset sizes. You can design your photo art to best fit your pictures, or to perfectly fill a space just waiting to be transformed.
So why choose to get your canvases from jonhallphoto? What’s the difference between these and a cheap canvas ordered from a self print website? Read on…
- Canvas prints are sourced from a trusted trade only professional print house with years of experience supplying galleries and archives for artists and photographers alike.
- Images are printed in the highest resolution using custom profiles to achieve the most accurate colour and crisp neutral black and whites. Automated ‘upload’ sites use generic settings that can produce inaccurate results. These cheaper canvases are often printed at lower resolutions to speed up print times.
- The canvas used is certified ‘Archival Quality’ by the Fine Art Trade Guild. It’s exceptional colour reproduction process does not use whitening agents like cheaper canvas, meaning the image remains consistent for many years. Whitening agents cause cheap canvases to fade and discolour over time.
- Be wary of companies offering fast turn around times. Canvas needs to ‘outgas’ (evaporate the water from the ink during drying) for at least 24 hours before varnishing.
- Matte, satin or gloss varnish can be selected, this museum grade varnish is soaked into the canvas to offer protection from scuffs and moisture. Most cheap canvases are heat sealed which always leaves a semi-matte finish and a visible film coating.
- All stretcher bars are laminated solid pine, rather than the cheap fir bars used by most. Pine keeps the canvas light enough to easily hang on standard picture hooks but is more robust and has a quality look and feel.
- Canvases are carefully finished with framing tape and felt bumpers, not just thick folded corners. They are fitted with a custom steel hanger for use with standard picture hooks.
All canvas mounts are available with 1″ (25mm) or 1 3/4″ (45mm) thickness at no extra cost.
Prices are shown in the table below, the circles show the most common sizes for portraits, based around the native dimensions of the camera and the most common (10×8) portrait crop.
If you have have any questions or would like to hear about our new framed canvas options, use the contact form or phone Jon on 07886 326 623